I have neglected the blog a bit lately, not for lack of things to say, just a lack of being able to put them down in words. So much thinking and discussion lately but more about that later because we have yet to celebrate the fact that...
Our girl, she is officially 18 months old. One year and a half!
To celebrate her 1.5ness, here are some facts about the Divine Miss Em!
1. She has jumped from size 12m to size 24m tooooo quick. I think she wore 18m clothes for a week? Maybe a month? Fast enough that clothes we thought would fit through the fall/winter no longer fit her anymore. Augh, our girl is growing up WAY too fast. 24m or 2T it is.
2. Her feet are still TINY...she still fits a size 3, but also wears a few 4's. She is about 32" tall and weighs about 27lbs. About 60th percentile for height and 80th percentile for weight on the American charts. Much higher on the Chinese charts...97th percentiles or so.
3. She is no longer the book fiend she once was. Granted, we still read MANY books throughout the day, but her new love? Color crayons! She spends hours at her little table coloring. She chats away and colors, colors, colors. She can now draw a circle and she is SO pleased with herself. Her parents of course see this only as a sign of how gifted she is. Hehe!
4. She is still ambidextrous, but the left hand is clearly more dominant and controlled. I'm pretty sure she'll be a lefty.
5. Our facial expressions have become her facial expressions. She's not just copying us anymore, she has incorporated our quirky sounds and expressions into her reactions. There's: the tip-your-head-back-and-laugh-real-loud expression, courtesy of da-da, the scrunch-up-your-nose-and-say "silly!" expression a la mamá.
6. She loves to jump and is actually getting off the ground now. She also loves to show off how she can tip-toe. Maybe we should get her signed up for ballet?
7. She has a huge appetite and will try anything. Today she was all about eating bites of my spinach
salad with poppyseed dressing. She will gladly eat tomatoes, tuna, prunes, pickles, and LOVES anything spicy. She will eat almost anything, and does so with gusto.
8. When her father farts, she wags her finger at him and says, "No, no, dada!" Hmmm...where'd she get that?
9. Sing her any song and she will start doing some type of hand shaking, waving, clapping action. She can't sit still if someone's singing, she's got to be dancing along.
10. She sleeps from about 8:00pm-8:00am and takes a 3 hour nap each day. She is a dream sleeper!
We still can't get enough of this girl, and I doubt that we ever will! She is truly delightful and the apple of our eye.